Re: OT: How does dwm appear to non-users? (was Re: [dwm] improve config.mk)

From: Kurt Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:49:33 -0500

On 9/7/06, Ville Koskinen <vrkosk_AT_utu.fi> wrote:
> If I showed dwm to the people in group 1, the response I would get
> would be "Oh, neat. I like the idea, but does it have to look that
> ugly?"

There's a neat side effect of dwm's method of rendering client labels.
 If you have X11 properly accelerated (DRI, Compositing, etc) and you
run xcompmgr -fc, not only do you get fancy drop shadows everywhere,
but the client labels fade in and out as you switch clients. :)

Also, running dmenu causes the top bar to fade from dwm to dmenu in a
very dramatic fashion. If you want to convince someone about
eyecandy, show them that, and they'll shut up. :)

Kurt