Re: focus problem (was: Re: [dwm] Wide Layout Patch for dwm-1.2)

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:55:35 +0200

On 9/15/06, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org> wrote:
> Nah, there are not much simplifications possible without
> repeating mistakes which have been already done. Anyway, I
> believe I fixed this issue with a single check in focus() to not
> focus clients which are invisible. Jukka, can you recheck
> please?

Hm, I'm not sure this is a good idea; I get the impression from
Jukka's report that the problem is that focus _stays_ somewhere it
isn't supposed to rather than being _put_ somewhere it shouldn't. This
check might work around some cases, but it doesn't really fix them;
dwm should never attempt to put/stay focus on something non-visible in
the first place (and so far, I haven't found the (missing?) code that
does allows this to happen). I think it's better to trace where the
focussetting goes wrong rather than work around it.

Greetings, Sander.