Re: [dwm] dwm and patches

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:15:53 +0200

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 09:30:04PM +0000, David Tweed wrote:
> predominant, they have to go with that. It just really irks me that
> the unix-derived world the standard for documentation is in a language
> that's _only_ used for manual pages. Hell, I've learned (or at least had
> to at some points produce stuff in) tex,latex,hmtl, xml, docbook,pythondoc,
> doxygen, and I'm kinda bored with it all.

troff has been there for ages, and it is not a man-page
language, it is simply a formatting-language. Those guys at Bell
Labs wrote papers and books in troff+eqn. troff makes it easy to
present man pages in a vt100 pager, as PostScript document, as
html, or whatever you want. Uriel made his presentations with
troff btw.

Regards,