[dwm] new stacking options

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:49:19 +0200

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 12:38:26PM -0400, Ross Mohn wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 17:17 +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> > > Maybe those both would suffice with stack direction in mind:

> > > The stack at left or top is somewhat redundant.
> >
> > And there is a second advantage in reducing the stacking places
> > into wether right or bottom, because this would be simply a
> > toggle (same with the direction stuff).
>
> I believe this would satisfy my needs! I'd keep it as simple as possible
> -- no left or top. Also, make sure you can specify your default stack
> location and direction in config.h.

Current hg tip contains a reworked dotile() - I think I'll
simplify some parts of it, but it should work in all scenarios.

config.h contains two new options:

#define STACKPOS StackRight /* StackLeft */
#define VERTICALSTACK True /* False == horizontal stack */

The stackpos is for the scenario in dualhead setups I described
in a different mail.

There are two new shortcuts as well:

Mod1-b toggles between stack position (wether bottom or at the side)
Mod1-d toggles the direction the stacked clients are arranged.

This results in following scenarios (I didn't took a shot of the
scenario when compiling dwm with StackLeft, but it looks the
same in a mirrored case).

http://10kloc.org/shots/dwm-20060926-0.png (stack at bottom with horizontal direction)
http://10kloc.org/shots/dwm-20060926-1.png (stack at bottom with vertical direction)
http://10kloc.org/shots/dwm-20060926-2.png (stack at right with vertical direction)