Re: [dwm] dmenu-input

From: Julian Romero <julian.romero+dwm_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 11:27:33 +0200

Hi,
I have a simpler approach (an oversimplification perhaps)
In config.h I have:

dmenu.sh | dmenu

and dmenu.sh is something like:

#!/bin/sh
cat<<FIN | sort -u
firefox -P julian
centericq
muttng
[more commands here]
FIN
exit 0

It's very fast and only requires a few minutes to think which programs
you usually use and in some cases writing a 3 line shell script to
avoid long commands in dmenu (for example to open centericq in a xterm
or opening a ssh connection, etc.)

You can make it faster sorting command list while editing with vi (:motion!sort)
regards,

--
Julián