[dwm] quitting dwm-in-pipe

From: David Tweed <tweed314_AT_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:29:55 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, I've never really learned any of the intricate details of bash and this is probably a simple bash question... I've recently started using dwm in a pipe as given an example in the README file. However, when I quit with M-S-q dwm quits but the launching script doesn't, so the X-server doesn't go back to a *dm login window. (Without the piping quitting works ok.) Can anyone tell me what I'm missing in the script (something to explicitly quit on SIGPIPEs?) Exact script used shown below, Many thanks, cheers, dave tweed #!/bin/sh #-*-.sh-*- while true do cat "/home/sis05dst/.labels" sleep 60 done | /home/sis05dst/BIN/dwm Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com