Re: [dwm] dwm stealing input

From: Stephen Caraher <moskvax_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:13:52 +0930

On 16:35, Wed 25 Oct 06, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> Since you get no KeyPress events, I suspect there is something broken. Check
> if it works without your .Xmodmap.

It doesn't work, with or without the .Xmodmap. Other WMs deal with the .Xmodmap
fine. Dwm/wmii used to as well.

Just to check, I compiled and installed the latest hg pull of dwm, but using it
didn't solve the problem.

More diagnostic info: in firefox after I click on a menu, the arrow keys work to
navigate and the keyboard works to activate the menu items with underlined
letters. Still, I can't input anything into text fields; all I get is the
cursor flickering on keypress. Selected items in focused GTK programs change to
the "selected but window unfocused" color on keypress.

Such a pity, this strange problem preventing me from using my favorite WM. With
no decent alternatives I'm forced to use screen on the console ;)

--
Stephen Caraher (moskvax) // GPG: C7C4C591