[dwm] X Display Manager

From: Ross Mohn <rpmohn_AT_waxandwane.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:55:58 -0500

I'll show my vast ignorance again here.

After months of delay, I finally took on the task of "upgrading" to
modular X (xorg 7.1 on gentoo) this weekend. I'm still struggling with
it. I think I've got it mostly working except I used to run with 3
display manager login screens and now it hangs up if I use more than 1.

Anyway, my question of possible relevance to this mailing list is:
What's the best X Display Manager to use. I've tried gdm and kdm, but
they both seem extremely bloated.I haven't put much effort into xdm, but
I suppose I could make it work. Isn't there anything
simpler/smaller/better?

Thanks for any hints.
-RPM