Re: [dwm] Removing the titlebar?

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:35:41 +0100

On 11/10/06, ricardo.lanziano_AT_gmail.com <ricardo.lanziano_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> * paul liljenberg <phootar_AT_gmail.com> [2006-11-09 18:27:57 +0100]:
>
> > I wouldnt miss it at all, the main window that i work with is only
> > important. I never look at the other titlebars and they are useless to me.
> > Why not saving those lines to something more useful?
> >
> Because there are people who use it, that could be considered as useful
> too.

Exactly. Right now, people seem to use them for two reasons:

1. to determine the content of similar looking windows (with > 10
xterms open they *are* going to come in handy).
2. to determine where the focus is (the 1 pix border isn't going to be
very useful at any sane resolution).

To be honest, as long as there are no decent alternatives for these, I
believe removing the titlebars ought to be out of the question.

Greetings, Sander.