Re: [dwm] tag-used indicator dots

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 16:53:45 +0100

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 04:26:22PM +0100, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> On 12/1/06, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> >On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 03:29:11PM +0100, Antoni Grzymala wrote:
> >> Making a release?
> >
> >No, let's wait some days... This change needs a mental settle first ;)
>
> Hm, this is better than the full rectangle, yet I find it visually
> unpleasing; I'd like to see the following (I'd already have tried it
> if I were at a unix box, but I am not):
> - dot in the bottom right.
> - line on top 3/4 width, line on the left side 1/2 height, both 1 px
> from the side, joining at the topleft corner.
>
> This would be pretty much like some of the stuff we've seen today, but
> less 3d and maybe nicer to see than the current situation (basically I
> just don't like the line being "angleless").

Yeah, I also don't feel so well with the hg tip atm. I got a
different idea, which basically would work as follows:

- no dot at all
- tags of focused client are indicated through border and bottom
  line (a full rectangle - quite obtrusive, but ok)
- tags which contain clients at all are highlighted with left
  and right line

See this: http://www.suckless.org/shots/different.png

Regards,

--