Re: [dwm] tag-used indicator dots

From: Seth Graham <sether_AT_tru7h.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 09:59:35 -0600

Sander van Dijk wrote:
> On 12/1/06, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 03:29:11PM +0100, Antoni Grzymala wrote:
>> > Making a release?
>>
>> No, let's wait some days... This change needs a mental settle first ;)
>
> Hm, this is better than the full rectangle, yet I find it visually
> unpleasing;

I find the whole thing visually unpleasing. :)

I don't see the utility of knowing which tags own clients, or which
clients are in which tags. It's why I comment out the dot code.. they
don't do anything a couple quick toggleview's can't figure out for me,
in the rare event I lose track of a window.

I think the line is a better idea than the dots though.. two dots was
extremely confusing. I think if I were implementing this sort of change,
I'd manipulate the font weight before adding dots and lines. Maybe
something like bold = current client, italics = empty tag.

  I'd like to see the following (I'd already have tried it