Re: [dwm] Fwd: Re: dwm + java

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:11:48 +0100

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 03:51:48PM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 09:43:31AM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> > >
> > > I added that return to the start of gravitate, but unfortunately that
> > > didn't fix the java problem. It didn't seem to break anything so far
> > > though, so you may be right in your assumption that gravitate is
> > > useless in dwm (maybe this should be tested a couple of days and
> > > removed if all is well).
> > > So I guess that leaves resize() and configurerequest() of your
> > > original list for investigation...
> >
> > Ok, I got another suspicion and pushed following change:
> >
> > - disabled gravitate (so far it works for everything in my setup
> > without it)
> > - uncommented the configure() call during resize()
> >
> > Please recheck.
>
> I checked the issue on my own, and noticed that hg tip changes
> have no effect. Quite curios, even disabling manage() or
> configurerequest() had no effect, which is really odd.
>
> That means, if dwm is running, those Java apps don't work, even
> if dwm don't(!) manages them. Hence it can't be related to how
> dwm arranges windows, reacts to configurerequests or resizes
> windows. The next suspicion I have are EWMH hints...

No, just checked, it has no impact. Hence this issue is really
odd...

I don't see anything else, which could have an impact. If
manage() is not used, dwm don't manages any window and if in
such a situation such Java apps still behave weird, then
this doesn't really looks like a dwm issue after all...

Regards,

--
 Anselm R. Garbe >< http://suckless.org/~arg/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361