Re: [dwm] dwm and Sun's XToolkit

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:05:21 +0100

On 12/12/06, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I investigated further into the grey window oddity and found
> this thread:
>
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6429775
>
> (Actually the compiz WM has/had the same problem as dwm).

Well, I guess that's "good" news ( :-S ) then, might throw in some
more weight than just dwm not working. Then again, considering that
it's open for more than half a year...

Hehe, I really like these parts btw:
"Possible solution would be detect if we are under Compiz and do not
filter events"
"well, to detect Compiz correctly we also need to check an owner of
WM_S0 selection (Aaccordnig to ICCCM), since our regular check fails
some time."

I guess we can only pray that that's not going to be the official
hack^H^H^H^Hsolution.

Greetings, Sander.