Re: [dwm] Bottom Stack -- portrait and landscape tiling

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 23:41:25 +0100

On 12/20/06, Ross Mohn <rpmohn_AT_waxandwane.org> wrote:
> I've got the bstack patch working with both portrait and landscape
> tiling in the bottom stack. My question is, will anyone find it useful
> to toggle that bottom stack tiling orientation during runtime, or should
> it just be a compile time setting?

of course
i use dwm this way since 1.4
in my dwm version orientation can be changed for each tag separately
(which means i cannot view more than one tag at a time) and i found it
very comfortable (i use equally often all three orientation. eg right
now the orientation on my 5 tags: 1 right stack, 1 bottom stack with
horiz. split and 3 bottom stack with vert. split)
i use my monitor in pivot mode (roteted in 90degree) where bottom
stack is necessary, probably it's not that useful with normal monitor
setup.

nsz