Re: [dwm] strangeness with screen

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:45:49 +0100

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 08:37:49PM -0800, brad clawsie wrote:
> i am altering my dwm config file such that i provide a xterm command
> with the option
>
> -e "screen -a"
>
> when i do this i will often see the resulting xterm only take up a
> portion of the space allocated to it. for example, the prompt will
> appear half way down the screen and the space above will be
> inaccessible. is this is known issue?

This is a known and old caveat in xterm (and maybe other terms
as well) which can't be fixed for various reasons. xterm does
not propagate the correct window size to the vt environment in
some situations.

> also i am wondering if it might be useful to split dwm releases into two
> tracks, a stable and development track. i appreciate the rapid
> development taking place on this project but it seems i am rebuilding
> this package daily. since i cannot reliably reuse a config.h from
> a previous version, this process has become a bit tedious, although i
> am mindful of the bug fixes that each release delivers. just a suggestion.

Releases are intended to be stable, whereas hg versions are
intended to be developed.

Regards,

--
 Anselm R. Garbe >< http://suckless.org/~arg/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361