Re: [dwm] Again client titles and nmaster indicator

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 15:07:05 +0100

Tako rzecze Anselm R. Garbe (w e-mailu datowanym 2007-01-13, 14:36):

> I know that many people like the client titlebar for various
> reasons (be it the fact that it's rather unique to dwm, be it
> the fact that it allows to locate a client when using many of
> them easily), hence I consider this should go into a separate
> patch.

[...]

> To the nmaster indicator - I think I don't need to justify this
> removal (I considered it useful, but I don't miss it) - we also
> have no indicator which tells us the current master width value
> as a number, that's my main reason. The nmaster value should be
> obvious to people (you rarely use nmaster > 3 I believe).
>
> Please complain.

I complain. Please don't remove this from the main branch. At least not
the title bars. Having to patch every release of dwm with a possibly
not-up-to-date titlebar patch will be a big nuisance for at least half
of the users here.. How about a small config #define and a little more
code to maintain for the rest of us?

Another argument is that the title bars sometimes contain useful
information that convenient to have visible at most times (without
having to activate the window).

Since you're saying dwm is finished I don't see any real value in
changing this again... Or maybe I should just stay on 3.0 from now on..

As the nmaster indicator -- come on, is it more than 0.5 LOC? I think it
should stay.

Cheers,

[a]

--
. Antoni Grzymala - antoni (at) chopin.edu.pl -------------------.
| OpenPGP KeyID EB315583 available now from a keyserver near you |