Re: [dwm] Respect mplayer aspect ratio?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 15:24:00 +0100

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 09:43:24AM +0100, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> On 2/6/07, Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> >Anyway, dwm does honor at least the most common sizehints (min/max
> >size, inc) in floating mode; dunno what hints mplayer uses, but I
> >guess dwm could handle them too (if they are plain X11 sizehints, not
> >EWMH or such).
>
> A quick look through man XGetWMNormalHints suggests that mplayer uses
> PAspect, while dwm handles only PMinSize, PMaxSize and PResizeInc. I
> guess it would be good to handle PAspect as well (in floating mode
> only of course).

Ok, I stumbled across various window manager implementations how
they handle aspect ratio hints, and got inspired how fluxbox
does it. Hence I implemented an algorithm pretty much similiar
to that one found in fluxbox and ask that people recheck if it
works for them correctly. To me it works correct, having tested
it with mplayer.

Regards,