Re: [dwm] uriel sez the default config is retarded

From: Ross Mohn <rpmohn_AT_waxandwane.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 07:28:36 -0500

On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 10:32 +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> So out of curiosity, I ask, who uses the default config? And if
> not, what changes do you make (you can diff the default config
> to mine, I use dmenu and some different shortcuts).
>
> Maybe it would be time to rethink some values of the default
> config, esp. some shortcuts?
>
> 1. You stick with default config?
> 2. You basically stick with default config, but
> a) use different colors/font
> b) use dmenu
> c) use some different shortcuts
> d) use more rules
> 3. You use totally different shortcuts?
> 4. You use totally different config?

* I shorten up the default SYMBOLS to FLOAT "00" and TILE "]=". I think
the "fish" symbol doesn't really work. I like my floating bubbles.
* I reduce the FONT from 13 to 10
* I go with arg COLORS for everything
* I use dmenu from MODKEY+p
* I use MODKEY+j/k for focusnext/focusprev
* I use MODKEY+h/l for resizemaster (move division bar left/right)
* incmaster doesn't need to use up two letters. I have it as a toggle
with MODKEY+m = +1 and MODKEY+ShiftMask+m = -1
* I use MODKEY+ControlMask+<num> for moving a client to a different tag
* I use MODKEY+ShiftMask+<num> for toggleview
* I have a few extra rules, but nothing for default.

-RPM