[dwm] Re: master size for each tag patch

From: Marek Bernat <marek.bernat_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:18:23 +0100

On 2/14/07, Marek Bernat <marek.bernat_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was thinking about having different master size for each tag.
> E.g. with xterms, I would like to be master close to 50%, but on the
> other hand I would like to have browser somewhere around 80%, so that I can
> have a dictionary app open besides it that doesn't take up much horizontal
> space.
> But then I thought, what if I am viewing more than one tag at once? Whose
> master size would be preferred? And whose resized?
> Well, things are getting complicated.
> The best thing that I could think of is that you would change some
> other master variable that would be used specifically when viewing more than
> one tag.
>
> So I tried to write my first patch for dwm and have to say it worked out
> excelently.
> I also have to thank Anselm and Sander for the great job on dwm, because
> patching it was a real delight :-)
>
> So please try it out and tell me if it works correctly.
>
> Cheers.

Well, after a while of using it, I found out that I could use some more
functionality, because I want the dictionary only displayed when viewing
certain tabs in the browser. That of course means that dictionary will be in
the different tag and I will toggleview it when I need it. So, what
I seem to need now is a different master size for a combination of tags. Uh
oh, this is starting to look really dangerous now. Any ideas how I can get
the functionality I want without seriously hacking dwm?