Re: [dwm] Re: master size for each tag patch

From: Christian Garbs <mitch_AT_cgarbs.de>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 23:41:42 +0100

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 07:47:17PM +0100, Marek Bernat wrote:
> On 2/14/07, Christian Garbs <mitch_AT_cgarbs.de> wrote:
> >
> >My patchsetš uses "per workspace" settings. Every workspace (I don't
> >use tags) can have a different layout, different master and nmaster
> >settings.
>

> I am not familiar with this workspace thing.

It's basically the old "multiple desktops" approach.

Think of your tags being numerical (0, 1, 2, 3, ..., n) and being
called "workspace" instead of "tag".

The maximum workspace number "n" is dynamic, e.g. you can create and
remove workspaces on the fly.

Every client always belongs to exactly one workspace (which one that
is can be changed of course).

You can select the workspace you want to see, either via "next" and
"previous" or via direct selection.

Workspace 0 is always invisible (think "minimized" or "iconified").

Special keybindings move your client to workspace 0 ("detach") or grab
it from there ("attach"). This can also be used to move clients from
one workspace to another: detach, switch workspace, reattach.

Regards,
Christian

PS: dwm-mitch has also been updated to dwm 3.5 and dmenu 2.2.
    The float-regexps work now! I wonder that nobody has missed them :-)

--
....Christian.Garbs.....................................http://www.cgarbs.de
Satire does not look pretty upon a tombstone.