Re: [dwm] dzen-0.3

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:42:33 +0100

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 11:25:18PM +0100, Robert Manea wrote:
> P.P.S: I'll test this version and if it is a stayer i'll add a geometry
> option and maybe a progress bar

I won't add geometry if I were you, I think its pretty
convenient to let those thing appear at the bottom or top and
nowhere else cluttering the client area with notifications (like
nasty popup dialogues). I also think you shouldn't implement a
progress bar - people who are smart know how to use dzen like a
statusbar if they need it (- if dzen supports reading from stdin
like dwm, you can do following to have a status bar:

{
echo [=== ]
do what you like
do what you like