Re: update: Re: [dwm] recent changes to dwm (since dwm-3.5)

From: Alexandru E. Ungur <alexandru_AT_globalterrasoft.ro>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:53:45 +0200

>>> sender: "Anselm R. Garbe" date: "Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 11:35:17AM +0100" <<<EOQ
Hello,

> On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 09:22:41PM -0500, John S. Yates, Jr. wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 11:56:18AM I wrote:
> > > Scanning the bundles showing up on [hackers] it is clear that
> > > those of us who have any significant investment in dwm patches
> > > are in for rough sledding trying to track this refactoring.
> > To which Anselm replied with a detailed list of his changes
> > explaining that none should be a significant impediment to
> > propagating patches.
>
> Well I have to describe the last step:
>
> I split screen.c into layout.c and tag.c again. layout.c
> contains all arrangement-related stuff (*also new algorithms
> like dogrid should go into this file for patches*).
I have a question: if instead of patching the layout.c file for new
layouts, each of us who created a layout patch would create a
separate file, such as:

layout_grid.c
layout_bstack.c
etc.

wouldn't that be easier for people wanting to try several layout
patches? This way at least the layout patching part would be a simple
file copy, free of any merging conflicts.

Cheers,
Alex