Re: [dwm] update moveresize for dwm 3.7

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:05:55 +0100 (CET)

Is possible to move the cursor following the floating window? this way
the focus will never be lost.

BTW it is possible to move/resize a window to a certain position with
this patch? or it's only absolute?

> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 03:30:40PM +0100, pancake wrote:
>> I dislike this approach but the idea is nice (except for the onmouseover
>> focus
>> that can bring usability problems because of the loss of focus when
>> moving or
>> resizing the window).
>
> Well I dislike the approach to make mix moveresize for absolute
> and relative resizals... I don't see much use in absolute
> resizals, because there is togglemax().

absolute resizals could be useful, you can "store" certain position/sizes
of windows and move then to these positions when you need them. As tiling,
but floating and for certain values (like a vertical bar for the gaim roster
at the left of the screen, or so..)

>> Why not just use an array with 4 values? string parsing is
>> clockwaste.
>
> Because the callback signature defined in Key is based on const
> char *arg...

Can be 'casted' and use't as a pointer to the array.

--pancake