Re: [dwm] dzen2 latest release

From: Robert Manea <rob.manea_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:45:48 +0100

* pancake (pancake_AT_youterm.com) wrote:
> Yayy! dzen2 is cool :) I've done some little changes to allow me to use't as a button

Thanks :).

> in the top bar. I've changed the -m flag for -l (lines instead of multiline has more sense
> for me).

I think '-l' does indeed make more sense. I'll change this in the next
release.

> I've used mesure as stdin for dzen2 and now I've a network-meter in the top bar of dwm. if
> you want to use it fetch the latest version of mesure from the CVS (cvs.nopcode.org) and
> [...]

I put this as an example on dzen's new web site http://gotmor.googlepages.com/dzen.
I hope you don't mind.

> Suggestions and ideas:
> ======================
> - hook SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 for rollup/rolldown the window

Maybe we should have a couple of useful functions and let the user set the
function to be invoked when SIGUSR* is received..

Not really sure about this, i'll evaluate.

> - return value depends on the mouse button (0 = left button, 1 = middle button, 2 = right button) ...

That's a nice idea and will definitly go into the next release.

> - support for wheel (progressive rollup/rolldown)

Could you elaborate on this?

> --pancake

Cheers, Rob.