Re: [dwm] dinput-0.1 - dynamic input

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:51:09 +0100

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 12:50:46PM +0100, Christian Dietrich wrote:
> I wanted to build an ii/si - system for dwm. But dmenu lacks support of
> line editing and it cannot handle lines longer than the screen. So i
> hacked dmenu a "little" bit :-) The result of this is dinput ( Yes i
> know it sounds like the German "Deutsche Industrie Norm" :) )
>
> dinput has now support for dynamic long lines. When the line is too long
> for the screen, it is splitted into two lines. In dinput you have a
> cursor you can move around in the line, insert and delete characters.
> Everything you pipe into dinput is used as an sort of history.
>
> If you are interested, you can download it here:
> http://brokenpipe.de/stettberger/files/dinput-0.1.tar.gz

I tried it, but I prefer a terminal for this job ;)
Anyways, I got following glibc output:

arg_AT_mig29:~/dinput-0.1$ ./dinput
lls
lslsl
*** glibc detected *** ./dinput: free(): invalid next size
(fast): 0x0805c2d0 ***

The backtrace doesn't contains any interesting and I haven't
debugged further. It seems that there is a double free() or
something like that.

Regards,