[dwm] [OT] dwm & Tkinter

From: Karl. <kmw1_AT_free.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 08:48:05 +1200

Hi,

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I don't think there is a better place to
ask this than here.

I'm starting out with writing Tkinter applications (ie. the Python
binding to Tk). Trying to make a dialog box that automatically 'floats'
rather than being 'tiled'.

I can do this with a dwm rule, but I'd like to do have it happen
automatically if possible. Does anyone here know what I have to pass to
Tkinter to get this happen?

I thought the 'transient' method was the relevant thing, but it doesn't
seem to be.

thanks,
Karl.