Re: [dwm] xmonad: dwm clone in Haskell

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:01:06 +0200

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 12:43:44PM +0200, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> Am Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:57:33 +0200
> schrieb "Anselm R. Garbe" <arg_AT_suckless.org>:
>
> > Apart from that such lib would increase the portability of
> > things like dmenu/dwm to other platforms such as Windows...
>
> Why aren't you using .NET calls from C? There were different tries to
> achieve such a "portable library".

.NET sounds a little bit like JDK to me. I only proposed to
implement a lib which abstracts Xlib, but without implementing
high level widgets by design - only implementing a communication
platform which is thread-based instead of the classic X way of
state-machine events or like the Qt way of signals and slots...
Something like a CSP-capable abstraction library to implement
windows or handle windows, libwin - and another one which
supplies basic drawing, libdraw.

Regards,