Re: [dwm] draw.c[80]: if((dc.w = dc.x - x) > bh)

From: Karl. <kmw1_AT_free.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 20:31:16 +1200

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 09:47:37AM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 05:27:32PM +1200, Karl. wrote:
> > As far as I can see, it is comparing a width with the bar height. Does
> > this make any sense? Am I grossly misunderstanding?
>
> This check prevents dwm from drawing client titles if there is
> less horizontal space left than the bar height...

OK - thanks for replying. The mix of horizontal and vertical had made
me wonder if there was something profound I was missing.

I presume then, that this is just a convenient approximation to a
character width - and is being used on the basis that drawing a title
skinner than a character would be silly, but only a rough approximation
is needed, hence comparing with barheight is good enough.

Karl.