Re: [dwm] dmenu_cache patch for dmenu 3.0

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:50:59 +0200

Hi,

I think your cache functionality might be of use for several
users, however for simplicity reasons I'm not going to apply it
to the mainstream repo. It handles too many cornercases for my
taste (interrupting cache creation, using a temp file, storing
$PATH into the cache for checking if this changes, etc.).

Also some stuff does not look plan old sh-compliant, like the
use of ~ ;) maybe you'd like to provide a feature-stripped
version which is simply for cache creation without corner-case
handling?

Regards,
Anselm