Re: [dwm] border problems

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 10:49:13 +0200

Hi Derek,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 07:47:10PM -0700, Derek Gipson wrote:
> On Mon Apr 23 09:11AM, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> > Which arguments are supplied to urxvt? Which version of urxvt is
> > in use, etc?
> >
> > Note, I tried urxvt and I have no problems since 863.

> Version: rxvt-unicode 8.2-1

I believe the version is not the reason, but...

> I don't pass any arguments through config.h, but here are my .Xdefaults:
>
> urxvt*scrollBar:False
> urxvt*saveLines:32000
> urvxt*toolBar:False
> urxvt*borderwidth:0
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> urxvt*borderless:True
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> urxvt*internalBorder:0
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> urxvt*borderColor:black
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> *colorBDMode:True
> *colorAttrMode:True
> *colorULMode:True
>
> I'm always pulling the latest and haven't ever had any border issues
> until other noticed the same problem. Float mode works and does show
> the borders.

I highlighted the entries which may cause the problem you
notice. Actually current dwm tip respect clients which
request no border at the second attempt, which is good for
things like xmms. So, if urxvt is set with no border or a 0px
black border, it will request this in tiled mode and stay this
way. Just check, if it works if you remove the lines I
highlighted in your .Xdefaults file.

Regards,