Re: [dwm] Makefile (config.mk) modification

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 17:21:15 +0200

On 5/15/07, dfenze_AT_gmail.com <dfenze_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> created patch for easily modification of CFLAGS/LDFLAGS via env.
> variables. So, it is good ie. for debuging etc.

> (aplicate to r887 of original repo).
>
> Stat:
> config.mk | 16 ++++++++++------
> 1 file changed, 10 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
>
> But, commented out CFLAGS/LDFLAGS can be deleted imho, because of this patch.

I don't think this is a very good idea, since it obscures the building
process (who knows what the Makefile inherits from the environment? I
certainly don't want to have to check my environment every time I
build dwm).
Why not simply use
    make CFLAGS=blahblah
when you want to do something other then what's written in config.mk?

Greetings, Sander.