[dwm] store/restore apps layout

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 12:08:05 +0200 (CEST)

It would be cool to be able to store/restore the layout composed by
multiple applications, i mean...

If I have 3 xterms on the first tag, one firefox on the second one and a
sylpheed on the third how did you will store this 'metadata' and restore
after running dwm again?

I'm looking for something like a session manager for dwm. But I can't find
any clear or simple solution for this.

Is there a way to load a window on a specified tag without recompiling dwm?

Is there a way to have a list of all applications loaded (executable
program name and arguments) and a list of tags related to this program?

Having these two options will be easy to construct a store/restore on top.

BTW I understand that these options are difficult to be included inside the
main dwm tree, but i am just looking for a way to solve this, but would be
cool to keep the opened apps layout as is between dwm restarts.

--pancake