Re: [dwm] Bottom Stack patch for dwm-4.1

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:44:33 +0200

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 11:01:19AM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 11:42:46PM -0400, Ross Mohn wrote:
> > I've posted a new patch that works, but I don't think that the vanilla
> > dwm code deals with all the cases that might need the remainder
> > solution. For example, if nmaster>1, you might want to apply a remainder
> > to the bottom window, but it would be different from the tiling
> > remainder. How correct are we trying to get with it? Is it worth
> > accounting for both these remainder possibilities?
>
> That's indeed an issue. So the question is, wether we revert the
> algorithm to not handling any remainder or to handle it properly
> for both, master and stack windows.
>
> What do others think? I think it might be worth to make it work
> properly for any case, even if the algorithm gets a little bit
> more complex, just for accuracy and aesthetical reasons.

Ok I pushed a version, which handles the problem properly for
both master and stack areas. It's time for you guys to test this
now!

I removed the remainder variable, since it was even assigned if
n < nmaster, which makes not much sense, because in such a
situation the else-branch of the tile algorithm is never
executed.

See this for details:
http://www.suckless.org/hg.rc/dwm/rev/6c8b43d7b616

Regards,