Re: [dwm] CPU comsumption

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:11:04 +0200

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 06:03:59PM +0200, Michel Verdier wrote:
> > Sounds like applications behaving bad when the wm gives them a size
> > they'd rather not have. If so, moving them to the floating layer is
> > probably your only option (or nag the application's authors to fix
> > their stuff).
>
> Yes I agree it should be something like that rather than an X problem.
> But dwm (and wmii) could behave better with those broken applications.
> With ion, larswm, ratpoison I have no problem.

If it annoys you, there is an easy fix. Change client.c:resize()
as follows:

  Replace if(sizehints) with if(1)

This will introduce gaps between windows, but fix your bug.
However, don't expect this being pushed into vanilla dwm, simply
because the side-effect you notice is wanted by design of dwm.

Hope this helps,