Re: [dwm] xicon - dzen-like tool for icons

From: Robert Manea <rob.manea_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 00:42:03 +0200

* pancake (pancake_AT_youterm.com) wrote:

> Send me your patches or ideas for it.

No patches, yet ;).

Actually i was thinking about integrating icon support in a similar way
to color changing at runtime. I.e. with an input as the following the

    Some text ^Inameoficon^ more text etc.

The icon would be scaled to the current line height.

The actual icon location should be a runtime or compiletime option.

(As a side effect impementing coloring of parts of the line would also
become a trivial addition, with such a kind of parser. I guess we just
killed two birds with one stone ;) )

Zooming or displaying icons in other sizeѕ needs some thought thoug as
the corresponding lines/windows will require resizing and in the case of
multilple lines a bit of logic.

> Good luck with exams, don't worry, there's no hurry atm :)

Thanks :).

> I would prefer to wait for having a standard image format with palette
> and variable resolution support.

Yes, agreed. We'd better wait until the image format becomes more clear.

> --pancake

Bye, Rob.