Re: [dwm] dwm-4.4 is on its way

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 19:51:31 +0200

Hi Jukka,

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 12:58:00PM +0200, Jukka Salmi wrote:
> Anselm R. Garbe --> dwm (2007-07-28 17:23:24 +0200):
> > I ask you to check the current hg tip (changeset 927+) to test
> > dwm. Especially those using Mathematica having trouble with the
> > so-called greyish blobs bug. I changed the mechanism how dwm
> > bans resp. unbans windows. Since dwm 0.1 it banned/unbanned
> > windows through XMoveWindow()-ing them off- and onscreen. Now
> > dwm uses X[Un]mapWindow() for this purpose.
>
> When starting Firefox in tiling layout, its window is now positioned
> as if there were no status bar. This happens most of the time, but no
> always (!?). See [1]here. Starting another client on the same tag seems
> to fix the broke positioning.
>

> Regards, Jukka
>
> [1] http://salmi.ch/~jukka/dwm/ff.png

It seems being related that firefox does not really accept being
resized if it is not mapped ;) So the decision is, wether to
live with flicker or not, I will see if I can develop a sane
solution for the problem (before this change XMoveWindow() made
sure that the y-coordinate is correct in any case, however the
old behavior hided the fact, that ff internally lived with a
different geometry information). ff is a nightmare ;)

Regards,