Re: [dwm] start maximized patch

From: Kai Grossjohann <kai_AT_emptydomain.de>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:44:12 +0200

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 08:49:36PM -0400, Jeremy O'Brien wrote:

> Do you use [the monocle layout] personally? Just curious. I couldn't
> find a logical place I'd ever need to use such a layout. For me, it
> became hard to manage all the windows I might have open on one view
> while only being able to switch between them one at a time. Just
> looking for insight into this. :)

I use it often. I have several programs that I always want to be in
fullscreen mode: Firefox, OpenOffice, Adobe Reader. I have a tag for
them and then I can easily switch between them.

If a view in monocle layout contains too many clients, then it becomes
difficult to maintain state in the head which clients exists and where
we are in the order. But if it is just 3 or 4 clients, then one doesn't
need to keep track of things in the head -- it is enough to just cycle
all clients until the one you want pops up.

Kai