[dwm] replacing masterw with ratio, which will have effect on tile() in general

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 17:40:47 +0200

When thinking about a golden ratio tile, I got the idea to
replace masterw with a general ratio value. A ratio of 50[:50]
means that master and stacking area are equally resized, same
with the heights of tiled windows. If the ratio is 60[:40] the
master area is 60% and the stacking area is 40% of the screen size
(similiar to the current behavior). But the ratio also has effect
to the height of all tiled windows. A 60[:40] ratio means, that
each successing window will be around 20% smaller in height than
the previous one.

If the ratio is choosed 40[:60] this means, that the master
width will be smaller than the stack width, and that top-windows
on the stack will have a smaller height than the bottom-windows.

The basic idea is quite easy to grasp. Currently I work on a new
tile() algorithm which will provide the described funtionality.

I'm curios how this will feel in reality.

Regards,