[dwm] bwm: border window manager

From: y i y u s <yiyu.jgl_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 15:56:32 +0200

This is a new experiment, completely based in dwm code and ideas,
which is mouse based. I wanted to try if the rat is faster, like mac
and plan9 developers thought (I am also starting to think so after
some months using plan9 tools).
I don't pretend to substitute dwm, though some concepts of bwm could
be applicable, and it would be easy to get a patch for dwm from bwm
source. As I tell in the bwm man page, don't consider it a dwm fork,
but like an unofficial highly experimental branch.
It was intended for personal use, to test different ideas, but I'm
having a couple of problems so I'm askink for help.
The ugliest bug is that I can't get button events from some windows
(acme, gimp and some others). I am having a look at it and probably
will find a solution but if somebody knows an easy way to solve this
problem it will be highly appreciated.
I'd like also to hear what you have to say about bwm features in
general, but not about the impletantion. It has been developed like a
hack over another hack and a general cleanup is needed (event.c is a
mess, for example).

have a nice day,

--
- yiyus || JGL .