Re: [dwm] {V,H}RATIO

From: Tuncer Ayaz <tuncer.ayaz_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 23:16:24 +0200

On 8/9/07, Damjan Vrencur <damjan.vrencur_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 07:43:09PM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> Hi!
> >
> > Actually, more and more I come to the same conclusion. The ratio
> > stuff just feels wrong. I also think the NMASTER thing feels
> > wrong and should/might be removed.
> >
> > What is the impression of others regarding this?

The way I use dwm is like this:
view 1: one or two consoles
view 2: fullscreen development environment or another longrunning app
view 3/4: fullscreen rdesktop or fullscreen mozilla
view 5-7: not used as they're not easily reached with two fingers
view 8/9: cmus or some other background app

And BarOff.

Ergo, for me tiling is only important for consoles and everything
else is either fullscreen tiled or floating and mostly one window
per view.

Actually limiting myself to no more than ~5 windows makes life bearable.

As long as that scenario works I'm OK. Obviously this is my personal
work style and someone else has a different model in mind when working
and therefore has different needs when it comes to tiling/floating.