Re: [dwm] persistent tags and static Layout definition

From: Diego Biurrun <diego_AT_biurrun.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:12:40 +0200

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 07:58:52AM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> I also added a new window property called __DWM_TAGS

Identifiers starting with two underscores are reserved for the system,
you should use something else.

I forget the exact details, whether it is two underscores and uppercase
letters or two underscores plus anything, but I think it is the latter.
Identifiers starting with one underscore are reserved for file scope
IIRC.

In any case the moral of the story is: Unless you are writing libc or
the kernel, don't ever start identifiers with underscores.

And yes, everybody and his brother does this wrong.

Diego