Re: [dwm] addtomwfact -> setmwfact proposal

From: Jukka Salmi <j+dwm_AT_2007.salmi.ch>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:53:40 +0200

Antoni Grzymala --> dwm (2007-08-19 19:52:22 +0200):
> Tako rzecze Jukka Salmi (w e-mailu datowanym 2007-08-17, 12:25):
>
> > Sometimes I need a terminal window which has exactly 80 columns;
> > that's where being able to set mwfact explicitly would be nice.
>
> I sometimes need to work remotely on an extremely old DOS[emu] system
> and for this I have set up separate Xdefaults for xterm (which include a
> very large font and -geometry 80x25), also xterm has a dwm floating
> rule. For my everyday terminal needs I use urxvt. Maybe this would be a
> solution more practical than resizing your current terminal to 80
> columns.

Thanks for the hint. I'm already using something similar: a separate
shortcut for spawning `exec urxvtc -name whatever' and a floating rule
for /^URxvt:fterm:/.

However, I still resize terminals in tiling mode quite often; e.g.
while reading man pages terminals with more than 80 columns just waste
space.

Cheers, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: