Re: [dwm] addtomwfact -> setmwfact proposal

From: Jukka Salmi <j+dwm_AT_2007.salmi.ch>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:37:53 +0200

Hi,

Christian Garbs --> dwm (2007-08-20 00:04:20 +0200):
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 11:43:46PM +0200, Jukka Salmi wrote:
[...]
> > No, you got it right: I'm using NetBSD, and man pages seem always to
> > be formatted to not exceed 78 columns. Hmm...
>
> Look for a way to turn of the caching of preformatted manpages. The
> caching is (at least on the linux distributions I know) always done at
> 80 columns so that these cached pages are useabla by anybody.

with "preformatted manpages" you mean the non-troff, ASCII with
overstriking format cat pages? Hmm, even man pages for which there is
no cat page are wrapped at about 78 columns...

I've never really looked into this before, maybe I should do this
sometime...

> Not using preformatted pages uses your acutal terminal width, but
> comes at a small speed cost, as the manpage is formatted every time
> you view it - which is neglectible on today's systems.

Sure, I could live with it ;-)

Regards, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: