[dwm] cyrillic characters in the status bar (again)

From: Petar Bogdanovic <list+2007_AT_smokva.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 03:22:15 +0200

Hi,

the following problem has been widely discussed here, but I'm still
unable to display some ciryllic characters on my (terminus) status bar.

Other fonts (like `clean') let dwm fall back on `fixed' if the character
is cyrillic. However, umlauts and all swedish or slavic characters get
displayed well with `terminus'.

The following example illustrates the whole problem pretty well:

        http://www.smokva.net/pub/dmenu.html

Long time ago, Anselm got the same problem with `nic.ru':

        http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.window-managers.dwm/1139

However, I'm not sure what happend then -- it seems that Anselm solved
it and released dwm 2.6.

Thanks and with kind regards,

Petar