Re: [dwm] What is the use of Compiz on DWM?

From: Julien Barnier <julien_AT_no-log.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 22:46:28 +0200

Hi,

> So Compiz is in itself a window manager?

Yes, it is, and you generally use it in conjunction with Gnome, Kde,
Xfce or another "desktop". Your message made me smile because I just
tried Compiz-fusion yesterday. Very impressive in the first look, much
eye candy, some features can be useful (like zooming or setting
transparency dynamically).

But after several hours of tweaking, I realised that I was trying to
make it behave like dwm. And it was much more difficult to do it with
Compiz.

So I switched back to the original :-)

--
Julien