Re: [dwm] Dwm and Ubuntu -- how to keep nifty UI features?

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:52:41 +0200

I don't use any of those Gnome insanity applets. I think those
pseudo-enhancements are designed for beginner users, if I'd use them,
they'd hinder me too much in my workflow. Setting up network interfaces
with a dialog sounds too clumsy. I update my system once a week
on a regular basis, so a "New Updates available" popup would
interrupt my workflow as well. An exception is, when debian or
ubuntu provides serious security patches, I'm going to apply
them asap when I know that there are such issues.

To me ubuntu is only the platform I use, because I have nearly
no effort to setup any hardware drivers or other insane tweaks
to get my box working the way I expect it to. The ubunutu UI on
the otherside is one of the most worse I can think of (apart
from SuSE, Windows and OS X). The first thing I do after each
ubuntu installation is removing nearly all packages beginning
with g.

Regards,