Re: [dwm] Strange problem with feh and latest tip

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:05:18 +0200

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 09:29:32PM +0200, Felix Leckow wrote:
> Running feh in fullscreen mode under dwm gives me the following warning:
>
> "feh WARNING: Window Manager does not support MWM hints. To get a
> borderless window I have to bypass your wm."
>
> After that the feh window appears fullscreen but doesn't seem to have
> focus, it doesn't accept keyboard input.
>
> The problem disappears if Firefox is running or has been run once
> before using feh.
>
> This seems to be dwm-specific, it doesn't happen under wmii.

Well, dwm ignores MWM hints, because that is ICCCM compliant
(and they basically define wether a window should have a border
 or not, meaning a parent frame or not - but in dwm there are no
 parent frames at all).

Which version of feh do you use?

I have no problem with feh wether in floating nor in tiled mode
running feh -F <image>.png

I tried to reproduce with

arg_AT_arg1:~$ feh -v
feh version 1.3.4