Re: [dwm] spacing bewteen windows

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:01:19 +0200

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 05:56:45PM +0200, Antoni Grzymala wrote:
> Tako rzecze Anselm R. Garbe (w e-mailu datowanym 2007-09-23, 17:53):
>
> > On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 01:10:41PM +0200, Antoni Grzymala wrote:
> > > I have a problem with the contrary: sometimes I'd like to have urxvt
> > > window size an exact multiplication of the character cell size (ie. no
> > > extra space in the bottom and the right) and setting RESIZEHINTS to True
> > > does not seem to accomplish anything. Windows are tiled properly and
> > > sometimes I get the urxvt off-terminal garbage (as mentioned in previous
> > > posts).
> > >
> > > Any HINTS? :)
> >
> > Yes, wait for st.
>
> Well, yeah... In the meantime how do I get the dwm/urxvt pair respect or
> not respect the RESIZEHINTS define as mentioned in some recent posts?
> Whether I set it or not does not seem to have any effect.

I get different results with setting RESIZEHINTS to False/True.
If it is set to True, urxvt requests exactly a size which fits
well with the chosen font. Same with xterm. If I set RESIZEHINTS
to False it accepts the size dwm gives him, though there are
nasty artefacts in *rxvt, and uncomplete lines in xterm.

Regards,