Re: [dwm] dextra

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:40:08 -0500

On 9/27/07, David Tweed <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> My reason for going with light on dark background is that I tend to
> find very light, especially white backgrounds, tend to "glare out the
> text" in a way that "feels" tiring to my eyes when the artificial
> light source is positioned badly with respect to your LCD.
> Unfortunately, both my work and home PC's are forced to be positioned
> so that this happens. (This might be psychosomatic: I like the HCI
> _idea_ that a light background is more natural, but when I actually
> try it I'm convinced it feels more tiring with a very light background
> than a dark one.)

Agreed. I long ago gave up on locating wisps of black text lost in a
sea of glaring white. I've used Zenburn with vim (and also as my
terminal colors) for so long that I feel snowblinded when I use a
default xterm.

HCI be damned; if it weren't for the fact that web designers have
assured the web is almost unusable when you force light-on-dark
colors, I'd never set a white background again. grey40 is as light as
I like to see.

--
# Kurt H Maier