Re: [dwm] bluegray

From: Xavier <shiningxc_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:15:18 +0200

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 07:44:44PM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> finally I settle with a new colorscheme, I call it bluegray
> and it is already included in dextra, dmenu and dwm will use
> it as default color scheme.
>
> Except the terminal background which is #eeeeee, all other
> colors have been choosen to be web-safe colors, hence they
> should appear similiar on all screens. Such colors consist of
> 00, 33, 66, 99, cc, ff hex tuples only.
>
> http://www.suckless.org/shots/dwm-20070930.png
>
> I switched back to terminus again for various reasons, the most
> important one is better UTF-8 support and a nicer 'w' character.

It looks alright, except that now, white on gray is difficult to read again.
I get this for example on the Subject line while writing this mail, using
mutt + vim.
I also get white on gray in vim using "set number" in ~/.vimrc, which displays
the line number on the left.
White on gray was readable with the previous color scheme (changeset 9).

Also, I still have the same problem with dir_colors, but it's the same than
in minimalblue :)